Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Groom: Bhangra Boy

Long before Bhangra Boy and I had the opportunity to meet, I had heard so many wonderful things about him. Liberal Lady gave me details on his charismatic character. She used words such as 'attentive', 'understanding' to give me an idea of the type of person Bhangra Boy was to her.

During July 4th weekend of 2005, Liberal Lady brought Bhangra Boy to my home so I could finally meet him. As soon as I saw him, I could see what it was about him that she loved so much.

First of all, Bhangra Boy looked at Liberal Lady as though it was the first time he had ever seen her. He never failed to ask her opinion on matters, and always seemed to beam when she was eloquently speaking. The fact that he could handle a very independent woman like Liberal Lady was amazing enough, but he continued to exceed my expectations in just his demeanor to myself and my husband.

Over the past year, I have come to know him much better. He is a talented musician and dancer. He even taught Indian Bhangra dance in the past! (Hence the name Bhangra Boy). He has a passion for community work just like Liberal Lady. He even is a devout and spiritual practicing Hindu. Every time I meet him, I learn something new, and I feel happier for Liberal Lady because I know she has found her 'Knight in Shining Armor.'

No comments: